1. Heightens Awareness: Musical (non-verbal) and verbal interaction with others, enhances awareness of self and others.
2. Share Feelings: Offers opportunities for individuals to openly share their feelings and to experience a sense of ‘universality’.
3. Improves Self Belief: Music allows everyone to express themselves creatively without the need to follow any strict guidelines, processes or norms.
4. Skill Development: Plays an important role in the development of physical, sensory and cognitive skills, extending your visual perception.
5. Improves Focus: Music helps improve your concentration and attention span.
6. Motivation Booster: Increases self-confidence, self-esteem, personal insight and motivation.
7. Sense of Independence: Leads to development of independent, decision-making skills.
8. Improves Quality of Life: Provides immense satisfaction, enjoyment and an overall improvement in quality of life.
9. Creates Relaxed Environment: Provides a relaxed environment that enables better social interactions.
10. Anti depressant: Music calms the nerves and decreases tension, anxiety and stress. Your heart loves it.
11. Sharpens Motor Skills: Musicians have more evolved gross and fine motor skills.
12. Improves Memory: Musicians have sharper sequential memory and shorter recall time.
13. Improves Discipline: Trains the mind towards self-management and inculcates discipline.
14. Amps up happiness levels: Deeply engaging with music, rather than allowing it to wash over us, gives the experience enhanced emotional power and happiness.
15. Rehabilitation: Music therapy is widely used for patients with visual, sensory or motor disabilities, induced through stroke.
16. Effective Learning Aid: The inherent structure and emotional pull of music makes it an easy tool for teaching concepts, ideas, and information.
17. Shortens Recall Time: Music is second only to smell for its ability to stimulate our memory in a very powerful way. Music therapists use this while working with patients suffering from dementia and amnesia.
18. Easy Storage: Music, with its rhythmic patterns is easy for the brain to store and recall: predictable, structured, and organized–and our brain just loves it that way!