1. Reduce high blood pressure – Coconut water is high in potassium and some studies have reported that low levels of potassium has been linked to high blood pressure. Therefore, drinking coconut water regularly can help in regulating blood pressure. Similar recent studies also have found that coconut water can help raise HDL (good) cholesterol, which makes it an excellent natural treatment for maintaining good cardiovascular health.
2. Strengthen the Immune System – The lauric acid in Coconut water has antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiprotozoal properties, which help strengthen the body’s immune system against a variety of viruses and illness.
3. Keep Body Hydrated – Since coconut water is pack with all five of the same electrolytes that the body has, including potassium, magnesium, chloride, calcium and sodium. Altogether, play an important role in keeping the body hydrated during physical activities. Even the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) have fought for a patent in 2000 to promote coconut water as the next big sports drink.
4. Helps Lose Weight – Coconut water is low in calories and 99% fat-free. A serving of coconut water has just 46 calories. So regular intake of coconut water can help shed unwanted pounds by increasing the metabolic rate.
5. Aids in Digestion and Metabolism – Coconut water contains various bioactive enzymes such as acid phosphatase, catalase, dehydrogenase, diastase, peroxidase and RNA polymerases, which help to overcome the problem of digestion and metabolism. Drinking of coconut water on a regular basis has been shown effective in dealing abdomen discomfort.
6. Improve Blood Circulation – Coconut water is also good source of fiber, vitamin C and protein which can help in improving blood circulation and heart rate.
7. Good for Pregnant Women – Coconut water is an efficient natural remedy for pregnant women who suffer from acidity, constipation and heartburn problems. It is also helps boost the levels of amniotic fluid, which plays a vital role in the overall wellness of the baby. With such great benefits, it is no wonder that coconut water is recommended for pregnant women.
8. Treats Urinary Infections – Coconut water is a natural diuretic which helps prevent urinary tract infections (UTI) as well as relieve the kidney stones problem.
9. Promotes Skin Health – Coconut water acts as a light moisturizer which also decreases excessive oil on the skin. This proves to be beneficial for smoothing the skin as well. It can be used directly to a bath or mix with liquid shower gel. This natural water is also best for treating acne and blackheads as well.
10. Increase Energy Levels – The lauric acid in coconut water stimulates the production of thyroid hormones, thereby increasing your metabolic rate, which in turn increase your energy level.