Treatment in AYURVEDA
Ayurvedic name: Amavata
Due to the hypo-functioning of ushma (Agni), the first dhatu viz. the rasa or chyle, is not properly formed and the anna-rasa undergoes fermentation or putrefaction (dushta) being retained in the amashaya. This state of rasa is ‘Ama’ where the impaired vatadi doshas being mixed up with one another lead to the ama-dosha- According to Vagbhata (A .H. Su. 13/25).
The disease ‘amavata’ is formed due to such vitiated ama-doshas. ‘Madhav-nidana’ explains this disease descriptively.
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a long-term disease that leads to inflammation of the joints and surrounding tissues. It can also affect other organs.
• Foods/habits incompatible with your constitution
• Poor digestion • Sedentary lifestyle • Consuming too much fat
• Avoid Curd, fish, jaggery, milk, flour of mash (black gram)
• Avoid dushit jala (contaminated water) • Avoid viruddha bhojan (incompatible food), asatmya food, visham bhojan • Avoid control of natural urges (vegavrodh), , • Avoid heavy, slimy foods (pischhil). Health Promoting Tips
• Food like Yava (barley), Kulattha (horse gram), Raktashali (rice), Vastuk
• Fresh vegetable like shigru (drum sticks), punarnava, karvellak (bitter gourd), parawar, ardrak (ginger)• Usage of hot water, rasona or ginger (shodhit with takra), Jangal mansa (meat).
• Guggulu (Commiphora wightii)
• Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) • Eranda (Ricinus communis) • Shallaki (Boswellia serrata) • Shunthi (Zingiber Officinalis) • Guduchi (Tinospora corifolia Willd.) • Shigru (Moringa oleifera) • Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) • Rasona (Allium sativum) • Prasarini (Paedaria foetida)
Treatment in UNANI
Wajaul Mafasil (Rheumatoid arthritis) is an inflammation of one or more joints associated with pain. It may be Balghami (phlegmatic) or Damavi (sanguine) and Murakkab (compound) acoording to predominance of Akhlat (humours).
• Predominance of Haar (hot) and Ratab (moist) Akhlat (humours) – Dam (blood),
Balgham (phelgm).• Soo-e-Mizaj Azwi (Imbalance of temperament of organ).
• Martoob Aab-o-Hawa (Humid climate).
• Accumulation of Fasid Akhlaat (morbid humours) in blood due to Soo-e-Hazm
• Infiaalat-e-Nafsania (Psychic influences).
• Excessive intake of hot and moist food such as meat and dairy products.
• Samn-e-Mufrat (Obesity).
• Naqs-e- Taghzia (Deficient nutrition).
• Kasrat-e-Sharab Noshi (Excessive consumption of alcohol).
• Zarba-wa-Saqta (Injury).
• Mauroosi (Hereditary).
• Certain diseases affecting body immunity e.g. Aatshak (syphilis), Suzaak
• Maintain body weight.
• Avoid oily/fatty diets.
• Maintain normal Ihtibas-o-Istifragh (retention and evacuation) through intake of
high fiber diet to regulate daily bowel movement.
Health Promoting Tips
• Do Riyazat (exercise) regularly as per instructions.
• Adequate Naum (sleep).
• Hijamah (cupping) is very beneficial. It decreases the inflammation of joints.
• Izkhar Lemon grass (Andropogon schaenar linn)
• Arand root Castor (Ricinus communis Linn.)
• Ajwain khurasani Henbane (Hyoscyamus alba Linn.)
• Madar flower Madder (Calotropis gigantea (Linn.) Ait. f.)
• Zanjabeel Ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe)
• Suranjan talkh Colchicum (Colchicum luteum Bak.)
• Joz masil Datura (Datura stramonium Linn.)
• Asgand Withania (Withania somnifera (Linn.) Dun.)
• Ispand Wild Rue (Peganum harmala Linn.)
• Khulanjan Galangal (Alpinia galangal (Linn.)Willd.)
• Biskhapra Hogweeds (Trianthema portulacastrum Linn.)